Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Election Gloom, Despair, & Agony... Ohhh

So #thatguy won last night


I didn't watch the election returns. Instead, I watched comedy reruns on Me and Laff TV. In fact, I didn't know he#thatguy had won until I received a "Why Neo-Nazis love Trump" email on my phone early this morning. Then I knew for sure, as it was talking about him and his racist friends in the present tense. Like it's still a relevant thing.

He's not our president...not yet, so I feel perfectly okay not giving him his winner's respect at this time. Once he takes the oath of office, I will try to hold my tongue. (Although that mode of behavior is not likely to stick.) 

As for now, I believe I'll break out in song. 




Yes, I'm feeling the gloom and despair. I'm feeling the heartache and agony that an atomic-bomb loving bully will be running our country for the next four years. Let's hope it's not longer than that. But, unlike many people have done over the past eight Obama years, 

  • I will not call #thatguy nasty names. 
  • I will not tell lies about the things he does or does not do. 
  • I won't post fake photos on Facebook. 
  • I will not say he's selfish or childish or call him a bully... although plenty of us know he is. 


I don't have to do any of these things because his actions prove all of the above. 
Still, I will give #thatguy the respect his office is due. 

Okay, maybe not, because I still believe that we are stronger together. I also believe #thatguy and the way he spreads hate and divisiveness are unAmerican. 

That sort of behavior deserves no respect at all.

Written by Carol, the Nice Lady
2016



No comments:

Post a Comment